Saturday, September 1, 2012

He's Got the Moves Like Jagger: Part 2!

My original Moves Like Jagger post was one of the most popular in the history of this little blog.  I have always hoped for an encore performance and until last night it hadn't happened.  Yes, you heard that right; until last night!  

I was extremely happy to be granted a bonus night off, last night, after our ordeal camping out at the hospital for Hurricane Isaac.  A couple of friends and myself decided to head down to our favorite local spot, Mezo's, for a night of entertainment and shenanigans.  The Captain Midnight Band was playing, so the good news was that we were at least going to listen to some great music if nothing else.  

I noticed something pretty early on in the night.  I recognized on of the karaoke "sensations"  from my original post.  I knew that I recognized the guy that was with her, but I still just couldn't put my finger on it.  It was only when I heard him talk that my suspicions were confirmed.  It was Jagger himself.  This was a pretty rough looking guy the first time I met him.  I'm not stepping out on any limbs by saying that last night he looked like generalized dog shit.  Whatever combination of pharmaceutical products and booze that Jagger is using is not working out for his benefit.  It's almost guaranteed that i'm going to run into this guy at some point coming into my unit at the hospital.

We didn't have any karaoke for Jagger to show off his moves this time, but when Captain Midnight started throwing out the funkiest of jams he had no more excuse to stay still.   He was instantly the most famous person in the room.  I saw phones going up and non-stop flashes for the first few minutes of his performance.  He was tossing his arms around as he was spinning about in senseless circles.  He was right up in the faces of all the band members attempting to sing along.  I was basically just waiting for him to get tossed.  Eventually he did knock over the lead singers mic stand and was pulled away from the band and shown a line of the floor that he was, now, no longer allowed to cross.  

He danced like a crazy person for a few more songs before I ended up losing track of him.  He was overly entertaining, but eventually the crowd showed up and he was washed back into non-existence.  I'm glad I got to experience this again.  It's always nice to see old friends!  

I got a present for all of you this time too!  Instead of taking pictures, I decided to just go ahead and take a video.  I knew he wouldn't care.  Enjoy!


Until Next Time,
Kyle

On a side note:  It's less than a week before my trip out to Colorado!

No comments: