Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Arkansas

Is it a little pretentious using the name of an entire state for a post on my lowly blog?  I don't know, but i'm doing it anyway!  I've been asked daily, since I have returned, about my trip to Arkansas.  I have just been so tired after work and sleeping too late into the day before going back in that I haven't been able to post about it.  The truth is, I don't have a big deep emotional heart felt post.  I can fit this entire trip into one paragraph.

My week in Arkansas was quiet.  The nights up there were a degree of quiet that we don't have here on the coast.  I was far from home and able to really relax for a few days.  We swam daily.  It was HOT!  I took a few hikes and battled the ticks and poison ivy afterwards.  I found a benchmark! (of course I would be excited about something as silly as that)  I took a little road trip to visit my Aunt Sharon, that I haven't seen in years.  It was really just nice to be away from the normality of everyday life and clear my head for a little bit.  Simple enough?  Good!

I will be doing a full post on Blanchard Caverns because that place was just awesome!  Also, when I finally get my full album uploaded to Facebook I will be placing a link on here.  Now, here are a few select pictures from the trip.










Until Next Time,
Kyle


1 comment:

Misti said...

Arkansas is one of those states that get a bad rap. It is beautiful and there are lots of outdoor things to do! I wish I lived a little closer so I could hike there more often.