Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rest High Above

I got the news yesterday afternoon.  My paternal grandmother has passed.  It wasn't something that was unexpected or caught us by surprise, but things like this are never easy.  As I was driving home I hit shuffle on my iPod, as I always do and a perfect song popped up.  Playing through my speakers was the Dave Matthew's Band's "Satellite."  There is a line in the song that says:


Rest high above the clouds, no restrictions

I'm sure i'm taking this line completely out of context, but it just just spoke to me in that moment and I listened to that song on repeat for my entire ride home.  



I wasn't as close to her as I feel like I should have been, but I know she is in a better place now free from any pains or distress.  Without her there would be no me, and that fact I don't take lightly.  I'm very thankful for that.

Rest high above....

Until Next Time,
Kyle

No comments: