Monday, July 16, 2012

The Date is Set

Brandon was in town this past week, so we finally got the chance to sit down with a calendar and lock down the days for our trip to Colorado.  I'll be flying out to El Paso on the 7th of September where Brandon will pick me up.  We will be heading north through New Mexico until we reach the Mt. Sneffels wilderness near Ouray, Colorado.  We will be camping at the trailhead that first night to try and adjust to the altitude a little bit before we hit the trail.  From there we will be hiking/camping around Mt. Sneffels and the blue lakes for the next 3 days before hiking back out on the 4th day.  



The dates are set!


Blue lakes, we will see you in September!

If you knew half of how excited I was for this trip, you would already be tired of hearing me talk about it.  

I had a little mishap during training today.  My first mile went without any incident, but between mile 1 and 1 1/2 I rolled my ankles on 3 separate occasions.  My left ankle rolled twice and my right once.  That was a rough half mile.  I don't know what the deal with that was, but I didn't have any trouble on the remainder of my hike.  Hopefully I don't have too many more days like this.

Until Next Time,
Kyle


1 comment:

Terence said...

Top of the range, very interesting and lovely post.