Monday, June 4, 2012

Drum Roll Please

My adventure buddy Brandon has been in town the past week.  I don't know if you've been following long enough to catch our Grand Canyon trip, but if you have a little time and interest here are all the links.


Grand Canyon Day 1


Grand Canyon Day 2: Part 1, Part 2

Grand Canyon Day 3


Grand Canyon Day 4


Grand Canyon Day 5


We are always talking about our next great trip.  Our spring trip kind of fell apart and that's when I went to the Natchez Trace as a quick change of plans.  Well, we have made the final decision for our next destination of choice.  I put up a little sneak peek picture for my followers on Instagram and Facebook last week.



The sneak peek

Sometime in late September I will be flying out to El Paso to meet Brandon.  We are going to hop in his truck and drive 10 hours north to Mt. Sneffels Wilderness near Ouray, Colorado!  We are going to be enjoying 4 days of hiking and camping around high altitude lakes while being surrounded by 13,000 + ft peaks; the neighborhood giant is over 14k.  We will be camping on a ridge above the lowest of the lakes at around 11,000 ft.  

We are in the first stages of planning this trip.  Over the next couple weeks we will be nailing down the dates and other details.  I will be keeping you updated along the way.  


I know this isn't the best of pictures, but this is what we will 
be seeing from our camp.  Wait till I come back with my own
pictures!

One more announcement.  I will be embarking on a smaller hiking/camping trip into the woods of Georgia during the 1st week of July.  Just a quick little get out of town trip to clear the mind and soul.  I'm definitely looking forward to any kind of camping I can do.

Until Next Time,
Kyle


No comments: