Sunday, April 15, 2012

You Want To Know a Secret?

I've had several people asking me where i've been.  I haven't posted much lately, this much is true.  Honestly, I don't have a real good answer for this question.  I've been largely uninspired and in a general funk.  I've also been working a pretty good bit.  Anyways I promise I will attempt to be more consistent.


You're wondering about the secret from the title aren't you?  Well I know a truth.  The truth is that everyone has something that they do that they probably keep under wraps for one reason or another.  Something like a guilty pleasure.  It could be anything.  I have a couple that sometimes make people laugh so I thought I may share one or two.  


I don't watch a ton of TV, but when I do I only watch a couple of things.  What is that you ask?  I LOVE MPB and HGTV.  That may sound a little funny for a 25 year old guy, but it's the truth.  Don't get me wrong, I watch my fair share of Sportscenter and baseball this time of year, but those are my go-to channels.  My favorite HGTV show is For Rent.  I don't know why, but I love apartments.  I especially love some of the old apartments she finds in the city.  That's not too weird is it?  


I feel like this is a failed, feeble attempt at getting beyond my writers block.  Oh well, the form will return with time.



Ye Olde Radio




On a completely different note.  A Prairie Home Companion's broadcast was absolutely amazing last night!  I have a great old radio that I like to tune into the show on.  It's got a great old feel that just truly complements the show.  Last night it featured the Punch Brothers with Aoife O'Donovan and Heather Masse.  I really couldn't draw myself away from ear shot of the radio while the latter two ladies were singing with the accompaniment of Chris Thile and the Punch Brothers.  It was the kind of performances that would give you chills.  If you've never tuned in, it's a must in my opinion.


Ok i've tried to embed a couple of my favorites from the show last night.  I hope you enjoy.



Elivs Presley Blues
Aoife O'Donovan, Heather Masse, And The Punch Brothers



Oh Mama
Aoife O'Donovan, Heather Masse, Gabe Witcher and Shoe Band


Until Next Time,
Kyle


1 comment:

Matty Holmes C, Z-Dog, J-Dub, & Will.i.Dan(ny) said...

I've been searching on the internet trying to find all the live tracks from that Prairie Home show in a more downloadable format, but I'm afraid I will just have to stream it every time... (sigh) They give you chills indeed.