Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Why I Donate

This morning after establishing my dominance in the checkers world (that's a whole other story) I headed over to the blood drive our hospital was having.  This is something I always try to do when I get the chance.  It's a way to help save lives on a whole different level.  As a RN i've really had my eyes opened to the amazing results brought on by blood and blood products.  In the critical care setting, a couple units of blood can make the difference in a patient struggling to breathe and a patient just relaxing watching a little TV.  The more I see, the more willing i've become to donate.


I'm not a big fan of that giant needle they stick in your arm, but I can sacrifice my comfort for a bit for this.  I guess one good thing, for me, is that you could hit my veins with your eyes closed.  



See I really did it!


Pretty glad they didn't wrap me with hot pink again!


Another for the collection.

A friend told me this morning, "Hey, you just saved three lives!"  That's such a great way to put it into perspective if you're a little hesitant about it.  I promise it only barely hurts, lasts just a few minutes, and could change someones life.  This is where I say GO!  Next chance you get, go and donate. Your gift will make a huge difference in someone's life!

Until Next Time,
Kyle




No comments: