Sunday, March 11, 2012

What Life is Made Of

If you asked me what makes my world go round, I wouldn't have to think long to answer that question.  Friends make my world work.  I may be a little biased, but i've definitely got some good ones.  Over the last 2 days/nights i've gotten the chance to spend time with almost all of them.  Thinking about that even makes me feel a little accomplished! Of course there are stories that could be told, but this time I think i'm going to just keep them for us.  I promise there will be more stories to come in the future, but this time I just feel like this was something I needed and it just seems a little more personal to me.


I will tell you this.  I did something last night I haven't done in a long time.  I was awake long enough that I hit the point that I just decided to tough it out and watch the sunrise.  I can't tell you the last time i've watched the sunrise by choice.  Actually I do remember when it was!  It was back in October when I was out in Arizona.  I wanted to see the sun rise over the Grand Canyon, so I set my alarm for that. 


Anyway, I took a few pics.  The colors weren't as amazing as I had hoped they would be, but they can't be perfect every time.



The sun working it's way up over my little spot on the harbor.


The moon hung in there pretty late with me this morning.

Well, it's official.  I will be heading out on my adventure EARLY tomorrow morning.  I went and picked up some road supplies a little while ago, so it's really feeling close now.  I can't wait to get some miles under me and get this thing going.  I'm going to be heading straight to Natchez to start.  I've got to get down to the river before I start.  It's just one of those things I do.  I'll try to keep some updates going while i'm on the road, but look for some extensive posts when I get back.

I just want to say hey to all my new readers!  Thanks for finding interest in my little section of the world!  And of course thanks to all my faithfuls out there!  I appreciate everyone's continued support.

Until Next Time,
Kyle

Oh... I'm going to have to write a post sometimes about all the nicknames people give me, or the celebrities they all want to compare me to.  Just because I have a beard doesn't mean I look like every bearded person you know of! haha...  


No comments: