Sunday, March 4, 2012

Not So Slight Change of Plans

Anyone that's been within ear shot of me over the past few months has heard all about camping trips and more camping trips.  I've got some time off coming up that was originally dedicated to hiking the Wild Azalea trail in Louisiana, but sometimes things don't work out quite the way you'd hoped.  That trip will be sent back to the archives for a while until all the pieces come together to make this trip happen.  I'll admit, I was pretty bummed there for a while when I discovered that it just wasn't going to happen.  That was one of the lows I mentioned in the last post.  One of the few things that i'm REALLY good at is making things happen in a hurry.  After I decided to end my moping about my broken trip, I figured it was time to make something happen.  It took me SO long to get this time off approved at work that i'm determined NOT to give it back.  I may not be able to get this significant of a stretch off for quite some time.  So I made a new plan.


The New Plan:


If you listen to me talk for more than 5 minutes it's easy to discover the things I really like.  It's not a long list.  Some of the members of the list include: hiking, biking, history, music, taking lots of photos, and driving.  I'm going to combine all of these into this aforementioned trip.  I think a drum role is in order here.  My new plan is to.......... drive the entire Natchez Trace Parkway.  I know it doesn't just hit you with the wow factor straight out of the gate, but it's something i've been wanting to do for quite some time now.  Some friends and I did a small section between Port Gibson and Natchez around a year and a half ago and I was just enamored by the whole experience.  Between all of the history and the scenery I can't wait to get back out there.  I'm not going to just drive it simply. I'm going to take my time, listen to some really great music, and just take it all in.  I'm going to take it slow and take the time to see everything I desire.  There are several campgrounds along the way and i'm in NO rush.  I'm sure I will have plenty to write about once I make it back, so be prepared for some long winded expressions of discovery and what not.



444 miles.  Natchez to Nashville.  Here I come!

Until Next Time,
Kyle

Are you in to road trips?  If you were planning one, where would you go?


Oh, and speaking of road trips... North East, we will see you in July!  More info to come to that endeavor in the future..

2 comments:

Misti said...

When I first heard about the Natchez Trace trail I had thought it was a hiking trail---and I guess you could walk it along the roads---so I was disappointed to know it was a driving trail.

I'm interested to see what you seen on your journey!

Kyle Marcellus said...

I'm already itching for my days off to come around!