Thursday, March 22, 2012

Free Music That Doesn't Even Suck!

Free music isn't a hard thing to find online these days.  That's a true story.  Plenty of bands are willing to promote their music with free stuff, but not all of them are even remotely good.  I came across something that left me in amazement today!  Anyone that's been around me for any length of time has heard me talk about Star & Micey.  If you haven't heard of them i'm going to tell you right now to go and listen.  Now let me tell you the best part!  They have a TON of free music on their website!


I had already gotten everything I could get my hands on, but obviously hadn't spent enough time browsing their website to find this little gem.  I just spent the last little bit downloading and listening to everything I could.  Honestly it's all pretty great!  I loved the rawness of the Mississippi Wine - Alabama Whiskey album.  If you're looking for a more polished and accomplished sound their newer Emerge Memphis Sessions may suit your needs a little better.


The best word that I can think of to describe their sound is Real.  There is a lot of emotion in the music and that really comes across in their recordings.  You can feel it.  It's easy to tell that they aren't trying to impress anyone but each other.  They play the music that feels good and it really works.  I truly wish more bands could figure this fact out.  My favorite newly discovered song, so far, has been Grace Askew from the Emerge Memphis Sessions.  Go get it people!  You have no excuse when it's free!



I think I finally have enough for a little bit!

To find your way to the downloads page follow this link.  Your going to land on the Emerge Memphis Sessions downloads page.  Make sure you get that one, then look over to the right side of the page for many more opportunities for great music!


I've posted this video before.  If you've never heard them
before, this is a great way to meet Star & Micey!  This
song is also available for download on their site.

I've provided links to their Facebook and website above.  Here is their twitter.  If you can't find them you can no longer blame me!  Go and and enjoy their gift of free music!

Thanks guys!

Until Next Time,
Kyle

No comments: