Saturday, February 18, 2012

When the Headaches are Worth It

It's the last weekend of the Mardi Gras season this year.  I woke up this morning certain that I had lived it up for at least one night.  How did I know?  I had one of those dehydrated dried up brain headaches that you only get from those nights you end up telling stories about.  Even some greasy Waffle House breakfast this morning couldn't fix it.  I found myself laughing randomly then looking over at Matt and Leah and saying, "Now that was a great night."  I said to them, "Sometimes the headaches are totally worth it."


Last night was our Ocean Springs night parade.  I haven't been to this one in the past.  I honestly think this might actually only be the second or third year they've had a night parade here.  After last night I can see that eventually this will turn into one of the premier parades on the coast.  The turn out was surprisingly big.  I know some folks aren't crowd people, but parades are always fun!  


I took off from the apartment around 5 or so.  I decided that I was going to walk that way so I could walk around downtown for a bit before the parade got going.  I wanted to go see what everyone was getting into waiting for the parade to start.  Honestly, there wasn't much!  I didn't manage to run into anyone that I knew so I just ended up doing a lot of people watching then trying to track my friends down as they hunted for parking.  With parking found, we carried the cooler down to our little spot on the side of the road to prepare for the parade and begin pre-gaming for the rest of our night!



My little group before the parade.


The police prior to the parade starting.


Logan fist pumping for the cops.


Perry "in it" deep.


Random parade puppy.


Just plain awesome tractor.

I didn't actually get any pictures of floats because at that point I had lost interest in taking anymore pictures and was just having fun.  We had a great time at the parade.  I sold a beer to some random guy that came up.  We loaded everything back up and headed back to my place afterwards to continue the party and wait on Matt and Leah to get into town.  We sat around and cut up (loudly) until Matt and Leah got in.  Then we loaded up and headed to Mezo's!! Surprise surprise right?


Logan just being awesome before we headed out.

Mezo's was hopping last night!  It was the birthday of Mezo herself, so the turnout was fantastic!  Defunked Democracy was playing there again and they haven't disappointed yet!  There is just something about good live music that makes me feel ok.  The night pretty much flew by.  I honestly don't remember too many specific events.  That's probably due to the fact that every time I turned around someone was handing me delicious adult beverages in assorted colors of solo cups.  I do love that place.  Mat Green was there with his new girlfriend.  That is the first time i've seen him in a couple of months.  It was good to have him around again, even for just one night. 

Last night made me realize something very important.  I have some great friends.  They are always there for me and very supportive of everything I do.  Those kind of people can be a rarity in life, so if you have them you better hang on to them.  Logan's wife Jessica posted "friends are the bread and butter of life," this morning on Facebook.  I couldn't agree more with that statement.  These are the people that make my life as amazing as it is and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  Thanks guys, y'all are great!

Until Next Time,
Kyle

Back to work tonight.


Thank you for all the continued love with this post everyone!!







1 comment:

Samantha said...

Friends pretty much make the world go 'round! Glad you had a great time!