Sunday, February 26, 2012

Recharging Life's Batteries

I know some of my stories are pretty crazy, but that's not my full time life.  The majority of my days are spent in the mundane normalities of everyday life.  Now, there is a lot of awesome scatter gunned in amongst the mundane.  Sometimes the normal has a way of getting the best of me.  No one is bullet proof after all.  Sometimes it all gets the best of me and I just have to get away for a bit.  Now i'm not talking about some big crazy Chris McCandless "Into the Wild" type of getting away.  (If you've never heard of this story, check out the book or watch the movie)  


I loaded up my truck, yesterday afternoon, and headed out for a little mini camping trip.  This is one of the great features of our little piece of the world down here.  I live minutes from all the great amenities of the coast, but it also doesn't take long at all to be away from everything.  I headed up to one of my favorite little spots on Black creek for the night.  It didn't take me long to gather up plenty of firewood, hang my hammock, and get settled in.  It's the perfect time of year to sleep out without a tent.  Once it warms up a little more you won't be able to escape the bugs without a tent, or at least a bug net.  I got my fire started and just started relaxing.



It doesn't take much to survive for one night.


The creek was extremely high.


My little campsite.


My cocoon for the evening.


My interesting choice of location.



The art of staying warm.

I have to admit something.  I didn't stay in the hammock all night.  I kept having crazy dreams that featured myself, the hammock breaking, and me falling into the water trapped in my sleeping bag. I would wake up with a little jolt and finally I had enough.  I unrolled my pad and finished the night in the bed of my truck.

It was nice to get away for a bit.  I had plenty of time to reflect on life and work on figuring everything out.  Take some time to spend on yourself from time to time.  It really goes a long way for recharging your batteries.

Until Next Time,
Kyle







No comments: