Monday, February 6, 2012

Everyone's Doing It

Then why shouldn't I too, right?  Somewhere around 75% of the people i've talked to in the past week have been sick.  For a while there I was thinking I had some sort of super immune system because I hadn't been under the weather.  I was WRONG!  It all started with a bit of a runny nose of Friday night, then add the sore throat on Saturday morning.  By the time I got to work on Saturday night I was feeling horrible.  There is nothing like getting sick on your first of 4 nights back at work.  



I had to make a little trip to Rouse's on my way home from work, on Sunday morning, and these three little bottles have been my best friends for about the last 36 hours.  Heading into work last night I was feeling pretty terrible and it really made for a long night.  I was scheduling my own med times around my patient care schedule. Somewhere around 5:30 in the morning I felt like I was starting to clear up.  It was the first time I felt like I could hear clearly again.  Previously I had felt like my head was under water.  

When I got home from work this morning I was good and tired already, so the NyQuil only helped out the situation.  I couldn't even convince myself to stay awake at all.  Almost as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out.  I woke up for the first time when I heard the text tone, on my phone, around 2:30.  I hadn't moved an inch.  That is good sleep! The kind of sleep when you wake up with lines deeply imprinted in the side of your face and you're seriously worried that you have overslept.  

I finally got up around 4 and began another round of the DayQuil regimen.  I kind of lucked out tonight.  I got the call asking if I would mind being on call.  This is very appealing now.  I can use every extra hour of rest I can to try and beat this thing.  I am feeling a lot better today though.  The nose is still relentlessly running, but my head feels clear.  I'll take that as a little victory!

Until Next Time,
Kyle  

You must check out the new message board!  It's a work in progress, but it is open to use now.  A more detailed post to come. Enjoy!

Visit our Forum!

No comments: