Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Future of my Camping


The pictures and title pretty much say it all.  I spoke of the hammock I received for Christmas in yesterday's post.  I spent some time really trying it out today.  I've been really interested to know how fast and easy the set up it.  There really is nothing to it!  No complicated knots, no screws, nothing but a few loops in a strap.  This is a very easy setup.  The other benefit is that is is extremely comfortable!  It lays perfectly.  I feel like it is something I could actually sleep in.  I caught a little nap in it today.  I lounged out for a little bit and did a little reading while the weather is so beautiful!  I have to go back to work tonight, so i'm trying to take advantage of a little daylight.




The other great thing is just how small and light it is.  It packs down to about softball size and weighs almost nothing.  It won't take up much room at all in a backpack and won't weigh you down.  Those are to two most important aspects in packing for a camping trip.  I can't wait for a good weekend to head back out down the trails.  I've been making my list of places i'm wanting to camp over the spring.  Nothing too far, all places in the south east of MS.  You really don't have to go too far for some great places to get away.  All it takes is the motivation to go.  That is something i've got plenty of!

Until Next Time,
Kyle

No comments: