Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas + 1


It's the day after Christmas and everything i've read on facebook/twitter has led me to believe it must have been the year of the Kindle fire.  I read more status updates about that that anything else I could think of.  I was a victim of the Kindle update hype as well.  I think all the hype was worth it though because this thing is awesome!  I've really enjoyed tinkering around with it today and downloading aps.  I even downloaded my first book for it.  I'm reading Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer.  This is the book that inspired the movie.  It's one that has been on my list for quite sometime and i'm finally getting around to it.  A friend told me it was a lot better than the movie, so i'm taking his advice and giving it a read.

I felt like a kid today, playing with all the toys that Santa had left for me.  I even went and set up the hiking hammock I got to see how easy the set up and tear down was.  I also had to check out the comfort as well.  I think i'm going to be happy with it for use on overnight hikes instead of packing the tent.  I'm ready to get the camping started.  I've been trying to get some of my friends hyped up to go as well so I can get a camping crew together.  I've got some big plans for this springs, but more on that in later entries.  

It's currently the halftime of the Saints/Falcons game so i'm typing quick.  Gotta get back to watch Drew break Marino's record.  Geaux Saints!!

Until Next Time,
Kyle

Did anyone find themselves the proud new owners of a kindle this year??

2 comments:

Samantha said...

No, but I did get an iPad! And spent my first 24 hours utilizing my kindle app! That hammock sounds nice!

Kyle Marcellus said...

Kindle + Hammock = Amazing!