Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's Just a Jump to the Left





And then a step to the Right!  If you know those lyrics then you know exactly what's coming.  Let's do the Time Warp Again!!  Last night Alice and myself involved ourselves in classic midnight movie history.  The Rocky Horror Picture Show has been in limited release since 1975, making it the longest running theatrical release in film history.  It's not really just a movie anymore, it's an event.  It gives you a chance to stand up, dance, sing, and act along with a movie.  It's a very eccentric group of people that find themselves at the picture show, but you are guaranteed to go home with some good stories.  If you have no idea what i'm talking about, here is a classic clip from the movie:


I got the idea for us to do this about a week ago.  I believe I was looking around for concerts to go see and ended up running into this at the Hattiesburg Saenger's website.  I was instantly sold when I saw the ad.  I've never been to one before and it was something i've always wanted to do.  I sent a text to Alice and she said she was in, so the plan was set.  The only thing I asked was that we go all out.  I don't like doing anything halfway.  If I was going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show, then I wanted to be a part of the entire experience.  Even though i've never been to a live showing, i'm still no stranger to the movie itself.  It didn't take much thought at all to decide who I was going to be.  I am, no doubt, an Eddie.  I did a little shopping around at the thrift store and found some costume pieces.  I did some brainstorming, a little sewing, and a little hot gluing.  Next thing you know, BOOM, i'm Eddie!




































Last night was the big night.  We both got our costumes together and headed out.  I can honestly say, I was not disappointed!  We were greeted at the front by loads of  people dressed as their favorite characters or just any Halloween costume they wanted to wear.  We were given props, when we went into the theater, to be used at various times throughout the movie.  It was a lot of fun acting along with the movie and shouting randomly at the screen.  If you are there to actually hear the movie then you are in the wrong place because there is so much applause and yelling that you can't really hear much of anything else.  I've officially covered my head with newspaper while the crowd was shooting their water guns into the air and been pelted with pieces of toast.  We got up and time warped, laughed a lot, and had a really great time.  As soon as we left we said we would definitely be doing this again one day.  If you've never done it I will definitely recommend this experience.








Back to work tonight!

Until Next Time,
Kyle

Have you ever been to the Rocky Horror Picture Show?  If so, what did you think?


No comments: