Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween it is!

Today is Halloween: True.  I am no longer a little kid: True.  I hate Halloween: False!  Now don't get me wrong here, I do really enjoy Halloween.  I just don't go as crazy as some people.  There was just something about it when I was a kid that always got me excited.  Sometimes I think the reason I loved it so much was all the candy, or that fact that I loved being scared; and still do.  It was just always one of those events that carried a lot of anticipation with it.  I can remember spending afternoons decorating our house, as a kid, just trying to add as much as I could to our small yard.  I'm sure we looked like eccentrics on certain years.


This is the first year in a few that I have done anything Halloween related.  Last year I spent the whole time working and just didn't really try to find any time to enjoy it again.   This year i've actually taken a little time to have fun with Halloween as an adult.  Last week a group of us loaded up in a few cars and headed to a haunted house in Lumberton; The Terror Test.  I had a great time being there with the people I was with, but that kind of thing just never really cuts it for me.  The haunted house was really put together well and was pretty impressive just to see.  As mentioned above, I really like trying to experience a real scare.  I think it would be a lot more exciting to be creeping around an allegedly real haunted house.  I've always found an odd rush in fear.  Anyways, I recounted my encounter with the Rocky Horror Picture Show in my previous blog.  So, i've done more this year than i've done in several years.  The one thing I wish I could do is to go to a costume party, but hopefully I can do that next year.  This year I will be working again Halloween night, but i'm still going to try to have a little fun with it.  For those who don't know, i'm an RN working in an ICU, so I can't really go over the top with a costume.  I may not be able to go over the top, but I don't have to just let it go.  Here is a preview of my uniform for work tonight!:


What do you think? haha!

I know it's not much, but in the place I work a little humor can go a long way.  It surprisingly satisfying to make someone laugh while they are on the ventilator.  That's not always an easy task!  So, I may not be at any awesome Halloween parties tonight, or be bringing home any epic stories of costumes and mischief, but I will be bringing the party to work with me in a small way.

I came across this video about a week ago.  You may have seen it already.  This is the most over the top Halloween decoration that I have ever seen.  I can promise you that you will never see my place decorated like this, but this is still pretty awesome and obviously took a TON of work! Enjoy:

Pretty Crazy Right?

Well, it's time for me to get to bed. Enjoy the day in whatever way you have planned (being safe of course!)!  I will give an update soon on the reception of my "costume".


One more thing!  Check out this link from one of my favorite blogs 1000 Awesome things! #124 Babies in Halloween Costumes.  If this doesn't at least make you smile then you are dead!

Until Next Time,
Kyle

What are your big plans this year?

No comments: