Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Expelled

I just got back to the room after viewing Ben Stein's new documentary Expelled. I'm not going to give a full review of the movie basically because i'm not good at that, but I am gonna give my opinions of it. First off, depending on your belief system, your opinion of the movie might be very different than mine. I know where I stand on the matter and the other side is just as steadfast in their own beliefs, so i'm not trying to change any minds here. Ok... about the movie... The easily overlooked core of this movie is Freedom and the point is brought to light by the argument between intelligent design vs. darwinism.... Here is an overview I found of the official website:
WHO? Ben Stein, in the new film EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed
What?
His heroic and, at times, shocking journey confronting the world’s top scientists, educators and philosophers, regarding the persecution of the many by an elite few.
Where?
Ben travels the world on his quest, and learns an awe-inspiring truth…that bewilders him, then angers him…and then spurs him to action!
WHY?
Ben realizes that he has been “Expelled,” and that educators and scientists are being ridiculed, denied tenure and even fired – for the “crime” of merely believing that there might be evidence of “design” in nature, and that perhaps life is not just the result of accidental, random chance.
Well that is what they are saying about it. I'm gonna stop myself here instead of possibly ruining the whole film for someone that might actually want to see it. I definitely recommend you find time to go out and see this one. It is sure to stir you up no matter what side of the wall you are on.

Until Next Time,
Kyle

No comments: