Sunday, April 20, 2008

Coast Livin'

Today was one of those days that reminds me of how much I do love the coast life. I can't really think where I would rather live. Well to be honest I do often dream of leaving, but days like to day continue to make me realize how much I would miss this place.

The day started as so many like it do. My dad came in to my room way too early and woke me up with a question. He said, "hey Kyle, wanna go fishin?" So of course I babble out something similar to a yes and the plans were set. We spent the next little while loading the boat back up for the "maiden voyage" of the year. Soon after the boat was loaded we were headed to the launch and putting the boat in the water.

We launched out of Graveline bayou and wound our way around to the gulf. As we were coming to the mouth of the bayou we were waved down by one of our local characters, old man Moses (for any coasties that may have heard, this is the same Moses who just had his fema trailer/meth lab explode last weekend, ha!), who had to show off his morning catch, a big red fish. After a quick look we were on our way. We pointed the boat at Horn Island and put the hammer down. After a twenty minute ride or so we arrived at the lagoon.

The day was spent with a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Just more relaxing than anything. My dad and I spent a little while walking around and trying to catch a few fish, but it just wasn't the day for that. It was a day for enjoying. Once we were all good a sunburned we turned the nose around, and after another quick lesson of me trying to teach my dad to use his gps for the third year in a row, we headed back home. We got back to the house and my dad proceeded to give me the same lecture on washing and caring for the boat that he has given me for the past fifteen years or so, and I pretended to listen again.

It wasn't much, but it's always enough. Enough to lift my spirits. Enough to keep me going. Enough to reaffirm my love for the coast, and enough to leave me with some AWESOME raccoon eyes!!


And let the beauty of the

LORD our GOD be upon us!!
Psalm 90.17

Until Next Time,
Kyle

No comments: